(833) 617-8654

Boston Labor Certification Lawyer

The Nomos Law Group has experienced attorneys to help you navigate the application for Labor Certification.

Labor Certification Lawyer in Boston

If you are thinking about moving to the United States for work, you may find the process complex. There are several types of visas available. Each one serves a specific category or situation.

There are two main immigration visas to the U.S. One is family-sponsored, and the other is employer-sponsored.
A Boston labor certification lawyer can guide you through the immigration process.

Immigration via Employment to the U.S.

Your employer has to apply for Labor Certification through the US Department of Labor to allow you to work in the country. That process plays a huge role in whether you can get the authorization to work or not.

As long as you are applying for an employment-based visa, you need to go through this step.

To understand more about the procedures and immigration to the U.S. as a whole, you can contact our Boston labor certification lawyer today.

What Is A Labor Certification?

The labor certification is commonly the first step in applying for an employment-based visa with permanent residency. Its purpose is to defend the U.S. job market and current worker wages. This allows the U.S. employer to try and fill the position with a U.S.-based first, before hiring a foreign national.

The application process for labor certification can vary depending on the type of visa the foreign worker is seeking. Generally, there should be a job offer first. The U.S. employer must have a physical office space, IRS employer tax ID number, and contact details.

Another requirement is to provide evidence that the foreign worker will be fairly compensated. The company sponsor should have the financial ability to pay the prevailing wage set by the DOL without affecting the current job market..

The company will also need to demonstrate that it made a sincere and extensive effort to recruit American workers first.

What Happens After Applying For A Labor Certification?

Once the employer completes the requirements, the US Department of Labor will make a determination based on all the facts presented.

If the labor certification application is approved, they can proceed to the next step of petitioning with the USCIS.

If the application is denied, the foreign worker will not be granted a visa. There are many reasons why the application could be denied, which is why working with an experienced lawyer can be helpful.

There are instances where the DOL will decide to audit your application. It will request additional requirements or information to complete their assessment.

Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Request A Consultation

Call (833) 617-8654 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.

* Required Fields
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Why Choose Nomos Law Group?

  • Free Consultation With an Attorney – You will discuss your immigration needs directly with an attorney during a free 30-minute consultation.
  • Communicate in Your Native Language – Our lawyers and support staff speak English, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, and French, so you do not have to worry about communication barriers.
  • Experience in All Immigration Matters – We help individuals, families, and businesses with all immigration matters, including citizenship, work-based green cards, and deportation.
  • Reliable Immigration Results – Immigration is our sole focus, allowing us to devote time and resources to finding solutions to your issues.
  • We Put the Client First – Our clients are our top priority, meaning that they come first and everything else is secondary.
  • Compassionate Legal Services – Our attorneys and staff members are compassionate and sensitive to immigration issues and treat each client with the respect they deserve.

Processing Time Of Labor Certification

Different factors can contribute to the amount of time the Department of Labor takes to decide on the labor certification application. The DOL checks each case carefully. Some cases are more complex than others, which can take more time.

The processing time can also be affected by whether the employer’s application is selected for an audit. That can add more time to the entire process.

Generally, you can look at six months to a year to process the labor certification.

Do You Need A Boston Labor Certification Lawyer?

The advantage of consulting with our Boston labor certification lawyers is learning from experience. We understand the process and requirements of applying for a labor certification. That way, we can guide you in collecting the correct information and presenting the case effectively.

If you need to consult with a lawyer about a labor certification application, call the team at Nomos Law Group today.

Professional Associations

American Immigration Lawyers Association
Law Society of Ontario

Why Nomos Law Group LLC?

Nomos Law Group LLC is a law firm that focuses on immigration law, with commitment, dedication, compassion and responsibility.

Our mission is to help individuals, families and businesses with the following immigration solutions for: family migration, asylum, citizenship and naturalization, work-based green card, temporary work visas, deportation and removal advocacy, visa change, visas students and visitors, and all other issues related to immigration.

Learn More About Nomos Law Group

Even Better, Visit Us In Person!

If you prefer to speak to someone in person, you can visit one of our sites for a free consultation.

Our offices are open from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. from Monday to Friday, and from 9:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. Saturdays. We will be glad to see you during these hours.

Contact Nomos Law Group LLC


Recent Blogs & News

Understanding the PERM Process and Labor Certification in Immigration Law
If you are a non-citizen working in the United States and want to become a permanent resident, you can begin t...
An Experienced Immigration Lawyer Answers the Most Common Questions About Family Immigration
If you or a loved one wants to immigrate to live in the U.S., you will probably encounter some questions along...
What Are the Requirements of the E-2 Visa?
If you want to invest with a United States business from outside of the country, an E-2 visa will be required....
USA Immigration Lawyer Office Location in Boston, MA

© Copyrights 2024. Nomos Law Group LLC All Rights Reserved.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Skip to content