(833) 617-8654

Massachusetts Green Card Lawyer

Do You Need to Apply For or Renew a Green Card? Are You Looking To or Continue To Live and Work in the United States, and Need a Boston Area Immigration Attorney That Always Calls You Back, Listens to You, Clearly Communicates The Options with You and Has Helped Many Others In Situations Just Like Yours?

The primary difference between a green card and a visa is that the visa is only a temporary pass that lets you enter the United States and remain there for a specific period of time, whereas the green card is a permit that does not only allow you to enter the US, but also lets you stay as long as you want.

Am I Eligible For a Green Card?

To apply for a green card, you must be eligible under one of the following categories.

  • Employment-Based Immigrants
  • Family Preference-Based Immigrants
  • Immediate Relatives of a U.S. Citizen
  • Individuals with Asylee or Refugee Status
  • A Victim of Human Trafficking or Other Crimes
  • VAWA

Other Special circumstances may grant eligibility. Contact your Massachusetts Immigration Attorney for more information on what may qualify you for a Green Card.

Why Choose Nomos Law Group LLC?

  • Confidential Assessment – We meet with you in person or consult with you over the phone, we listen, and provide options and solutions.
  • Various Languages Available – Not English speaking? Not a problem. We meet with many languages other than English including Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Greek.
  • Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
  • Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can so you can put this situation behind you.
  • No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary even in difficult cases.
  • Straight Shooters – Your situation requires honesty from both us and yourself. We will tell you what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to hear.
  • Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We get emotionally invested in our clients and their goals. When you get positive news about your immigration case, we are as excited as you are!
  • We Keep You Updated – Transparency is important. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
  • Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule. We can consult with you after work and on Saturdays.
  • Free Consultations- Schedule your free consultation, to see how we can help you today.

Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Request A Consultation

Call (833) 617-8654 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.

* Required Fields
Your Information Is Safe With Us
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Visas and Green Cards

In general, a visa must be available for you before you can apply for a Green Card. In some categories, visas are always available, while in others, there are a limited number. Priority dates are given to immigrants waiting in line to get an immigrant visa and determine when a visa becomes available.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets the number of immigrant visas the U.S. Department of State (DOS) can issue to noncitizens seeking to become lawful permanent residents (get a Green Card) each year.

Immigrant visas for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are unlimited, so they are always available. Immediate relatives include:

  • The spouses of U.S. citizens;
  • The children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens;
  • The parents of U.S. citizens at least 21 years old; and
  • Widows or widowers of U.S. citizens if the U.S. citizen filed a petition before they died, or if the widow(er) files a petition within two years of the citizen’s death.

Immigrant visas for the family-sponsored and employment-based immigrant preference categories are numerically limited, so they are not always immediately available. Priority is given on a first come first serve basis. Contact Nomos Law Group LLC to start getting your place in line today.

Schedule A Consultation
Call (833) 617-8654 or Fill Out the Form

Client Reviews– Nomos Law Group LLC

Our team works passionately to provide clients with the highest quality service throughout their immigration process. The sensitive nature of immigration law means that we treat our clients with the compassion and respect they deserve. An individual and personalized analysis of each case allows us to seek optimal, result-oriented solutions to complex immigration problems. In pursuit of our mission, the immigration attorney strives to exceed clients' expectations in all aspects of their legal representation.

Schedule A Consultation
Call (833) 617-8654 or Fill Out the Form

Once Issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years. There are a few instances where you may need to renew or replace your green card.

Lawful Permanent Residents

You must replace your Green Card if:

  • Your Green Card is either expired or will expire within the next six months;
  • Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed;
  • You received your card before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday);
  • You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States;
  • You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status;
  • Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes special agricultural worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status);
  • You have a previous version of the Alien Registration Card (for example, USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103, or Form I-151, which are no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current Green Card;
  • Your card contains incorrect information;
  • You have legally changed your name or other biographic information on the card since you last received your card; or
  • You never received the previous card we issued to you.

Conditional Permanent Residents

You must replace your Green Card if:

  • Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated, or destroyed;
  • Your card contains incorrect information;
  • You have legally changed your name or other biographic information on the card since you last received your card; or
  • You never received the previous card we issued to you.

Schedule A Consultation
Call (833) 617-8654 or Fill Out the Form

Our Location

We help families in Boston, Cambridge, Worcester, Somerville, Quincy, Waltham, Framingham, and many more throughout Massachusetts.

What To Do Now:

If you are in need of an experienced and aggressive immigration lawyer, we welcome your questions and want to understand your situation and goals to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Since time is often critical to ensure the best result, contact us now by calling (833) 617-8654 or complete the form on this page above to schedule a free consultation. All information is confidential.

USA Immigration Lawyer Office Location in Boston, MA

© Copyrights 2024. Nomos Law Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram